VIAVI AVX-10K Flight Line Test Set
Introducing AVX-10K: Your All-in-One Flight Line Test Solution
As the IFR4000 and IFR6000 legacy comes to a close by December 31, 2023, the AVX-10K takes centre stage, revolutionising avionics testing for fixed-wing, rotary, and UAV aircraft. Combining the best of its predecessors into a single, modular device, the AVX-10K offers unparalleled testing capabilities.
AVX-10K: ELEVATING AVIATION WITH 6 BENEFITS
- 1. Test communications, navigation, and surveillance systems with one comprehensive device.
- 2. Minimise instrument purchases, calibrations, storage, and shipping logistics.
- 1. Connect via over-the-air methods, including the free VIAVI Mobile Tech app.
- 2. Conduct testing from the cockpit, enabling a single technician to replace the traditional two, saving valuable man hours.
- 1. Intuitive GUI for rapid technician learning and increased productivity.
- 2. Access testing templates and on-screen pass/fail indications for streamlined operations.
- 1. Utilise Smart Access Anywhere for remote expert assistance from anywhere in the world.
- 2. Enhance troubleshooting efficiency and reduce downtime.
- 1. Built-in templates for different aircraft configurations.
- 2. Save time and effort by accessing personalised templates, ideal for shared instruments.
- 1. Seamlessly integrate with VIAVI StrataSync for efficient test data and asset management.
- 2. Ensure the AVX-10K is always up-to-date with the latest software and firmware for optimal performance.
THE AVX-10K COMES IN 4 PRE-CONFIGURED KITS, PICK THE TEST KITS THAT YOU NEED
Flight Line Test Set only configuration – allows customer to pick and choose what hardware and software options desired.
Communication, Navigation package includes the NAV/COMM software options shown and all NAV/COMM required hardware. This package is comparable to the IFR4000.
Surveillance package includes Transponder, ADS-B and DME software options and all required hardware like the IFR6000.
Communication, Navigation & Surveillance configuration. Includes options for comparable functions to the IFR4000 & IFR6000. (TCAS, UAT and ELT are optional).
HOW DOES AVX-10K-CNS COMPARE TO THE PREDESSORS IFR6000 & IFR4000?
AVX-10K-CNS (All in one solution)
IFR6000 - Discontinued 31st December
IFR4000 - Discontinued 31st December
• Communication - AM/FM/SELCAL
• Navigation- VOR/DME/ILS
• Surveillance- XPDR/ADS-B/UAT/TCAS
• Test Tools- VSWR/DTF
• Mobile Tech App
Built-in GPS Receiver
• Transponder Auto Test (DO-181E)
• Automated ADS-B performance testing and reporting
• Monitor and decode– ADS-B (DO-260A/B)– AC 20-165B surface/air auto test– UAT
• Target generator– ADS-B 1090 MHz(DO-260A/B surface and air)– UAT 978 MHz (ADS-B, TIS-B, FIS-B)
• Comprehensive GICB testy DME ground station simulation
• UUT parametric tests
• User programmable TCAS scenarios
• Altitude encoder
• Over-the-air, direct, or coupled testing
• Morse code provides 1-4 characters transmitted in the VOR and ILS localizer mode
• Generation of ARINC 596 Selective Calling Tones
• Simulation of Localizer and Glideslope (CAT I, II, and III) Signals with variable DDM settings
• Accurate measurement of VHF/UHF antenna and or feeder SWR (Standing Wave Ratio)
• Simulation of marker beacon, selectable outer, middle, and inner marker tones
• Comprehensive, configurable test solution
• ADS-B/ADS-R/TIS-B Traffic and ELT
• Troubleshooting and fault location
• Remote testing in and around the aircraft
• Technical and supporting documentation at your fingertips
• Android™ and iOS® compatible
• Asset and report management
• Accurate testing of ADS-B positional data
• Battery operation 6 hours plus
• Provides a full FAR Part 43, Appendix F test
• Verification of ADS-B/UAT installed systems
• Avoid ATC interference with optional coupler
• Data dump of transponder test results to PC
• Software updates available via website
• Battery operation 8 hours plus
• Guided test capability reduces total test time
• Low cost ELT option
• Software updates downloaded via website
• Frequency counter provides external frequency
THE AVX-10K ADVANTAGE
Cost of Ownership Savings
All-in-one test solution provides cost savings in
• Reduction of the number of assets to maintain
• Reduced calibration costs, including storage, tracking, and shipping
• Extended warranty options including quick turn around time and loaner test sets
• Software defined standard platform for adding future test applications
Aircraft return-to-service efficiency improvements
• Single comprehensive kit consisting of all hardware necessary to test multiple avionics systems
• Remote operation using the free VIAVI Mobile Tech app allows a single technician to test what previously required two technicians
• Use of templates provides consistency in testing with a known starting point for all test types
Asset and Report Management from StrataSync
• Always be current with the latest software updates
• Manage all your assets in one location
• Share system test templates and unit configurations among test sets and locations
• Sync and upload all test data for transfer to your server
• Provides detailed information of an aircraft’s historical performance used in the creation of preventative maintenance plans
NEXT STEPS YOU CAN TAKE