A GTEM (Gigahertz Transverse Electro Magnetic) cell is a test site for efficiently performing both radiated immunity and emissions testing in a single, controllable and shielded environment. Compared to other test sites, GTEM testing is faster with high accuracy and excellent reproducibility. In principle, the GTEM cell is a coaxial line expanding pyramidally and having an impedance of 50 Ω. At its end, the line is terminated by a combination of termination resistors and RF absorbers designed and constructed to match the above mentioned impedance. The GTEM 1000 has a maximum septum height of 1000 mm and is suitable for emissions and immunity testing.
- Emissions and immunity testing in a single, shielded environment
- Meets basic standard: IEC/EN 61000-4-20
- Meets standards for emissions testing: CISPR 14-1, IEC 61000-6-3 and IEC 61000-6-4 for EUTs without connected cables
- Meets standards for immunity testing: EN 60118-13
- Ideal for design qualification and pre-certification