The ultra-sensitive power meter combined with stabilised light sources enable up to a 70 dB measurement range.
The angled single-mode test port (APC) guarantees highly accurate return loss measurements without requiring external termination for up to 50 dB return loss measurements.
Fiber ORL-85 Benefits
- Complete jobs faster, correctly, and on time-right the first time
- Automated pass/fail fiber inspection analysis with the optional P5000i microscope
- Compact, rugged, weather-proof design
Fiber ORL-85 Applications
- Measurement of optical return ross
- Measurement of optical power (absolute and relative)
- Measurement of optical insertion loss
- Inspection of optical connectors (IBYC)
Fiber ORL-85 Key Features
- Battery-operated field-portable optical return loss meter with an 1260 to 1650 nm measurement wavelength range (1 nm incremental setting) at the power meter, multiple wavelengths at the source and return loss up to 70 dB
- Interchangeable optical adapters (Senko) for FC, SC, ST and LC optical connectors
- 3.5-in colour touch screen with integrated stylus
- Individual threshold settings for power and loss pass/fail analysis
- Fiber inspection and test results storage with time stamp
- Data transfer and remote control via USB or Ethernet interface
- Auto-lambda and multi-lambda test functions
What is Return Loss?
Return loss is the loss of power in the signal returned/reflected by a discontinuity in a transmission line. This discontinuity can be a mismatch with the terminating load or with a device inserted in the line, and is a measure of how well devices or lines are matched. If the impedance match is good, all the energy will be transmitted through and nothing should be reflected.